Saturday, April 6, 2024

Morning Mana by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 6

God’s Measurements

 

“And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:6-7)

 

Today’s Morsel: I often ask myself; I wonder what it would be like if our thoughts and ways were like God’s. Would that make us equal with God? My wife has always liked to measure the height of our grandkids anytime that they visit our home. She has a ten-foot board mounted in the garage so that she can keep track of their height.  When God measures a man, He doesn’t put a tape around is head or beside him; He places it around his heart. When the children of Israel lost their encouragement because of the evil report of the ten spies, God said of Caleb: “But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.” (Numbers 14:24) As Solomon instructs, as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. (Proverbs 23:7). When Samuel went to anoint the new king of Israel, he was measuring Jesse’s sons by their birth and stature. But when God rejected the first born, God told him not to look on their stature because He looks on the heart. David, who was chosen, was called a man after God’s own heart. We see that David had a heart for the things of God. He was a praiser and worshipper of God. He had a great love and trust in God and for the things of God. When we become born-again, God gives us a new heart and takes that old stony heart away. If God were to show you your measurements today, how tall would you be?

 

Sing: I keep falling in love with Him, over and over and, over, and over, again (2x);

He gets sweeter and sweeter, as the days go by, oh what a love between my Lord and I.

I keep falling in love with Him, over and over and, over, and over again.

 

Thought For Today: How big is your heart for God?

No comments:

Post a Comment