Friday, April 12, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 12

The Five Rebellions of The Devil

 

“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” (Isaiah 14:12-14)

 

Today’s Morsel: I often wonder what made Satan rebel against God knowing that he could not win. And I see this same spirit in the earth today. Rebellion against God and authority is taking center stage. Isaiah said, “And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.” (Isaiah 2:17) So, what are these five rebellions of Satan against God. (1.) “I will ascend into heaven.” Jesus said that no man cometh unto the Father but by Me. (2.) “I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.” Scripture says that he that exalteth himself shall be a base (3.) “I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.” Scripture says that the wicked shall not stand in the congregation of the righteous. I will not share my glory with another.  (4.) “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds.” God said, heaven is My throne, and the earth is my footstool.  (5.) “I will be like the most High.” God said, to whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like? Do we wonder where this narcissist attitude we now see in the world came from? Remember what Solomon said, “A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.” (Proverbs 29:23) As Isaiah spoke of Satan, “how art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!”  Don’t let that Satanic spirit get on you. If you rebel against God, get ready to eat some dust.

 

Sing: I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in Thee Lord, the humble shall hear thereof and be glad. O’ magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears.

 

Thought For Today“For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.” (1 Samuel 15:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment