Thursday, October 19, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 19

Now Hear This

 

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” (Isaiah 41:10-13)

 

Today’s Morsel: “Now hear this" is a phrase used particularly in the United States Navyaboard ships to instruct personnel to give "attention to an order or command about to follow". Throughout scripture we see the same principle is used by Moses to give a command or an order from God to his people. The Lord speaking through the prophet Isaiah, to give warning to His people states, Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness... For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” Are you feeling fearful today? Have you been delivered bad news about your health or a situation? Well, now hear this, “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.” (Isaiah 54:17) Listen up, you can be strengthened and encouraged by the Word of God.  

 

Sing: My God is bigger than all my problems, bigger than all my fears, yes, my God is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see. He’s bigger than all my questions, bigger than all my thoughts, yes, my God is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see.

No comments:

Post a Comment