Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 24

Need Help?

 

“Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.” (Psalms 12:1)

 

Today’s Morsel: You know, I have come to realize that people just aren’t honest. You ask them how they are doing, and they tell you, “Oh, I’m fine.” When inside they are being destroyed. No one can help you if you aren’t honest. Sometimes the things that you may be struggling with can be healed with just a word of encouragement or prayer. Other times you may just need someone to listen to what you have to say. Every time that I call the VA appointment number to get an appointment, a prerecording comes on asking if I need help with suicidal thoughts or other ailments. They want to help me if I am in need. How much more the church. I wonder if church phone numbers offer a help line. The church is to be a hospital you know. The psalmist called for God to help him, because the godly man ceased, and the faithful man fail among the children of men. He needed help. Jesus said that we have not because we ask not. I don’t know what you are struggling with in your life, but I do know that if you ask God for His help, He will hear you and send you help. David said, “The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;” (Psalms 20:1-2) He said that God would hear you and send you help from the church to strength you. What do you need help with today? Have you sought God or reached out to others? “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” (Psalms 50:15)

 

Sing: Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged, take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful, who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness, take it to the Lord in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment