Friday, October 13, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 13

Know The Reasons for the Battles You Fight

 

“Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.” (Proverbs 20:18)

 

Today’s Morsel: Have you ever encountered anyone who is always fighting the devil? What about someone who blames the devil for everything that is going on in their life? There are those who are always restless because they are in warfare against the devil. I will tell you that I have served two combat tours, and even though I knew that we had an adversary, I still found time to sleep, rest, laugh, go to church, pray, hold Bible studies, and eat. Do you know why? Because I knew that others had my back the same way that when they were sleeping, resting, eating, and doing the same things, I was protecting for them. If you were to ask some folks who tell you that they are in a fight with the devil, they cannot tell you the reason they are fighting. Scripture says, with good advice make war. Some fight you may just need to leave for God or wait for Him to direct you.  If all you are doing is fighting hell, you are going to wear yourself out. Isn’t it amazing that in scripture we don’t see the New Testament Church fighting any physical wars. That’s because our warfare is spiritual not carnal. As the song writer said, the weapons we use are not bombs and guns, worship is the way that the battle is won. So, if the battle is won through worship, why are you fighting the devil. My Bible says that Satan is locked up (Revelations 20). So, who are you fighting?  Why would you want to fight a locked-up devil? Peter doesn’t seem to be too concerned for one minute when Herod locked him up and intended to kill him after Easter because he saw that it pleased the people after he killed James. And he had Peter chained between two guards and Peter went to sleep (Acts 12:6). You must know the reason for the battles you fight. As God told Jehoshaphat, you shall not need to fight in this battle, take a ring side seat, the battle is not yours but the Lord’s (2 Chronicles 2o) So, there isn’t a need for me to waste my time with the devil. God will tell me when I need to gird on my sword for war.  If the battles are won through worship, that’s where I’m putting my energy.

 

Sing: Let God arise, and His enemies be scattered, let God arise, and His enemies be scattered, let God arise, and His enemies be scattered, let God, let God, arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment