Monday, October 9, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 9

What is Your Purpose of Prayer?

 

“Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.” (Daniel 6:10)

 

Today’s Morsel: If someone were to ask you why you pray, and what is the purpose of prayers, what would you tell them? In my 38 years of being a born again Christian, I have noticed many people who start out their Christian walk with a bang. They are excited and on fire for God. They become so-called prayer warriors, and mighty men and women of prayer. Then suddenly, they lose interest in church and prayer. They start missing church, stop praying, and soon they are nowhere to be found. And I believe the reason is they were trying to impress people instead of building a relationship with God. Prayer must a habit and a relationship with God, not one of showmanship.  If you are going to church and praying to be seen, you will soon fizzle out. Daniel could have easily given in to the demand not to pray if his prayer life had been about showmanship. Besides, who wouldn’t want to protect their own life. But his was a habit and a relationship with God, and nothing was going to separate him from God and his prayer which he had committed himself to do. What are you doing to make prayer and church a habit? You may not think that anyone is noticing you when you pray, but always know that there are two people who are. Jesus and Satan. If you quit praying, then Satan will defeat you. But if you maintain the habit of prayer, Jesus will always be there for you. 

 

Sing: Every hour of the day, keep me dear Lord I pray, let me walk in the gospel light.  Let me hold fast to Him, so my way won’t grow dim, let me walk in the gospel light.

Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over, and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

No comments:

Post a Comment