Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 3

A Reason for A Friend

 

“A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” 

(Proverbs 17:17)

 

Today’s Morsel: Don’t ever tell people that you are doing good when you are not. You need to have a friend or someone that you can confide in who will listen and comfort you in your situation. It does you no good to lie to yourself, as the worst person you can deceive is you. That’s what the enemy of your soul wants, is for you to pretend that all is well before others and then go home and cry your eyes out because you are hurting inside. Notice what the Lord said through the psalmist, “Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” (Psalms 55:22) He didn’t say that he would take them away, he said that He would sustain you. God will give you the strength and comfort that you need to get your victory in whatever you are going through. David again said, “For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.” (Psalms 91:11-16) Are you a friend of God? Then tell Him what you are going through and let Him counsel you so that you can get victory on the battlefield.

 

Sing: I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and voice I hear, falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own.   And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other, has ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment