Thursday, December 8, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 December 2022

 Serve The Lord With Gladness

“Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.” (Psalms 100:2)

Today’s Morsel: The psalmist calls for us to serve the Lord with gladness. It should be a great delight and pleasure to serve God. When we think of what He has done for us, it should cause us to rejoice and be glad. I’ve found that the more I sing and praise God, the less likely I am to be depressed, stressed, or discouraged. There’s just something about serving with gladness. If you go to work with gladness and serve with gladness, you are going to see that job and the people around you aren’t as bad as it may seem. The enemy of your soul doesn’t want you to serve with gladness. He wants you to serve with drudgery, labor, and a grind. He wants you to see it as a requirement so that you won’t have any joy in it, you will hate it, and eventually quit.  If anything, you are asked to do, if you do it with gladness you will fulfill the will of God and find peace and contentment within yourself.

Sing: I’m going to serve the Lord anyway that I can, I’m going to serve the Lord anyway that I can, I’m gonna serve Him in the morning, serve Him all day long, I’m going to serve the Lord anyway that I can.

Thought For Today: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.” (Colossians 3:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment