Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 December 2022

 Compassion

“But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid. Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me.” (Psalms 86:15-17)

Today’s Morsel: Compassion shouldn’t just be about others, but it should include yourself.  If your compassion doesn’t include yourself, it is incomplete. What am I saying here? What is the golden rule? Is it not “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” So when you are rendering compassion, sympathy, kindness, and empathy to others, just think about what you would like for others to do to you if you were in their stead. Most of Jesus' teachings focused on this point. Treat others the way that you want to be treated.  If we treat people the way we desire to be treated, we will fulfill the law of Christ and change our world.

Sing: I’m not on an ego trip, I am nothing on my own. I make mistakes and often slip, just common flesh and bone. But I’ll prove someday just what I say that I am of a special kind, yet when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

He knew me, and yet He loved me, He whose glory makes the heavens shine.  I’m so unworthy of such mercies, yet when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

Thought For Today: “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.” (Romans 9:15-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment