Saturday, December 3, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 December 2022

 Stop Wasting Your Money

“Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.”
 (Isaiah 55:2)

Today’s Morsel: Before I was born-again, I spent my hard-earned money on things that did not satisfy me. And many today are spending their hard-earned money on things they do not need nor will ever satisfy. Especially during this time of the year. We try to please and to satisfy others by finding the right and perfect gift or toy to make them feel good.  Yet worldly things will only satisfy you temporarily. The Prophet Isaiah asked, “Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread?” Why are you wasting your money on false doctrines or books that aren't true? Why are you wasting your money on something that isn’t the truth or the Word of God? Solomon states: “Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” (Proverbs 23:23) Do you understand what is Truth? Jesus said that He is the Truth (John 14: 6), the Bread of life (John 6:35), and the Word made flesh (John 1:14).  So what are you spending your money on? 

Sing: Here’s my cup Lord, I lift it up Lord, come and quench the thirsting of my soul.  Bread of heaven feed me till I want no more; here’s my cup, fill it up and make me whole. 

Thought For Today: Consider your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment