Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 December 2022

 Patience

“In your patience possess ye your souls.” (Luke 21:19)

Today’s Morsel: Walking through a mind field takes a lot of patience. One wrong move or a step out of place could destroy you or maim you for life. Jesus said in your patience possess ye your soul. The word “patience” here means consistency or perseverance in sustaining afflictions. You must remain constant in your walk and ways with God. If the enemy of your soul sees that you are not consistent and that you lack faith, he will set a trap for you. You must not allow anything to disturb or distress you. You must possess that peace and joy that passes all understanding in your soul, which the world cannot take away. As Paul told the church at Rome: “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” (Romans 5:1-5) It is through perseverance in the ways of God, and the truth of Christ unto the end, that you shall be saved.

Sing: I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You; When I don’t know, just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through, to supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: “But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.” (Romans 8:25)

1 comment: