Monday, June 1, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 June 2020


Advance Preparation

“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matthew 6:19-21)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that my wife and I learned at an early stage of our traveling overseas was that we needed to let our financial institution know that we would be out of the country so that when we needed to use our credit cards the charges would be approved. And it also allowed them to monitor any excess charges for fraud.  Advance preparation.  Jesus said, "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."  No, we cannot take our money to heaven with us, but we can send it on ahead by giving into His kingdom.  How much advance preparation have you made for where you are going.  It is never too late to start.  I suggest you begin today.

Sing:  This world is not my home, I’m just a passing through; my treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue.  The angels beckon me from heaven's open door and I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.
Oh Lord, You know, I have no friend like You; if heaven's not my home. then Lord what will I do.  The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.

Thought For Today:  You don’t purchase a home for free (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment