Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 June 2020


Full of Trouble

O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.(Psalms 88:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  If you grew up in the 60’s and 70’s, you have probably seen ‘Hee Haw’ on television.  One of the songs they sang was ‘Gloom despair and agony on me.’  And I always got a laugh out of the verse that said, “If it wasn’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all, oooh; gloom despair and agony on me.”  Some people seem to feel this way.  They feel just because they are having trouble that their luck is shot.  The psalmist prayed and informed God that his soul was full of troubles, and that his life drew near the grave.  Friend, that is some massive troubles when you start to feel that hopeless. He even felt that none of his prayers were getting through to God because the answer was not forthcoming.  Even Job stated, “For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.(Job 3:25-26)  Listen, troubles don't mean that it is the end of your life.  They just might be God's way of redirecting your steps back on to the right path that you may have strayed from.  Let me encourage you, the key to dealing with trouble is that letter found in the middle of the word trouble, ‘u’.  Yes, you are the answer.  Isn’t it amazing that you cannot have trouble without ‘u’?

Sing: Trials dark on every hand and we cannot understand, all the way that God will lead us to that blessed promised land.  But He’ll guide us with His eye and we’ll follow till we die, we will understand it better by and by.

Thought For Today: Stay Focused … even in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment