Monday, June 22, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 June 2020



Loving-Kindness

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.(Psalms 63:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: The story is told of a teacher who asked the pupils to tell the meaning of loving-kindness. A little boy jumped up and said, “Well, if I were hungry and someone gave me a piece of bread that would be kindness.  But if they put a little peanut butter and jelly on it, that would be loving-kindness."  David states that God’s lovingkindness is better than life.  When we understand that life without the love of God is nothing but death, it should cause us to realize how great His lovingkindness truly is.  Anyone who has not shared in the love of God is dead while he lives.  All the enjoyments of life, health, riches, honor, friends, and so on, are nothing without the love of God.  Have you experienced His lovingkindness?  It is better than life.

Sing: Thy lovingkindness is better than life. Thy lovingkindness is better than life. My lips shall praise Thee, thus will I bless Thee.  I will lift up my hands unto Thy name.

Thought For Today: His lovingkindness is better than life.

No comments:

Post a Comment