Monday, June 29, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 June 2020


Badly Cheated

Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.(John 12:42-43)

Today’s Morsel:  Over my lifetime, I have seen a lot of people who are badly cheated because they want to be popular with their boss or supervisor, that they are willing to forfeit their character just to be accepted and liked.  When you forfeit an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity, you get badly cheated.  Scripture says that the people loved the praise of men more than the praises of God because if they confessed Jesus they would be put out of the synagogue.  If someone does not care or like you because you are a Christian and love Jesus, tough.  You should not compromise who you are to fit in.  If you forfeit your character, what will those who know you say?  Believe me, when God removes those who hate you for standing for Him from their position, if you have compromised your character, you will be left looking foolish before others.  Don't compromise to fit in, the shoe will never be a comfortable fit.  

Sing: I know whose I am, I know whose I am, I know whose I am, I am Yours, I am Yours. I know whose I am, I know whose I am, I know whose I am, I am Yours, I am Yours.
 You are mine; Jesus You are mine. You are mine; Jesus You are mine.

Thought For Today: The man that pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment