Monday, June 15, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 June 2020


The Faithfulness of God

I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
(Psalms 89:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  May I ask you a question?  Are you as faithful to God as He is to you?  Do you fulfill all the promises that you make to others the way that God does to you?  The writer of Hebrews tells us of God’s faithfulness when he wrote, “For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.(Hebrews 6:13-15)  Notice, God made him a promise, but the ability to receive it rested with Abraham's ability to wait for it.  This shows us that God’s timing with His promises is not according to ours.  We must learn to walk by faith while we wait.  God is faithful.  He’s going to fulfill every promise that He’s made to us in His Word because He is faithful.  If we do not have a testimony of God’s faithfulness, we may want to check our patience.

Sing: He’s been faithful, faithful to me.  Looking back His love and mercy I see.  Though in my heart I have questioned, even failed to believe, Yet He's been faithful, faithful to me. 

Thought For Today:  Faithfulness … Yes Lord (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment