The Six Things The Lord Hates
“These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.” (Proverbs 6:16-19)
Today’s Morsel: These Six - Doth The Lord Hate:
1. A proud look - exalted eyes; those who will not condescend to look on the rest of mankind.
2. A lying tongue - he who neither loves nor tells truth.
3. Hands that shed innocent blood- whether by murder or by battery.
4. A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations - the heart that fabricates such, lays the foundation, builds upon it, and completes the superstructure of iniquity.
5. Feet that be swift in running to mischief - he who works iniquity with greediness.
6. A false witness that speaketh lies - one who, even on his oath before a court of justice, tells anything but the truth.
And seven are an abomination unto him. The seventh is he that soweth discord among brethren. The one who troubles the peace of others, by lies and misrepresentations, and evil-affected towards their brethren. The teacher here enumerates six qualities as detestable, and the seventh as being worse than all the others. And all seven belong to one man, the man whom he says is, “A naughty person, a wicked man, who walketh with a froward mouth.” (Proverbs 6:12) The sons of Belial. We want to be cleansed and washed from the things that God hates.
Sing: Are you washed in the blood, in the soul cleansing blood of the Lamb? Are your garments spotless? Are the white as snow? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Thought For Today: The Blood still works.