Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 October 2019


Getting to the Point of Nevertheless

Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.(Matthew 26:38-39)

Today’s Morsel:  The longer we delay in our obedience to the word of God, the longer it will take for us to become more like Him.  His word is designed to perfect us and make us like Him.  We must get to the point of nevertheless when it comes to the things of God.  No matter if anyone else is obeying it or not, we must obey.  No matter if anyone else is tithing or not; we must obey.  No matter if anyone else is living holy or not, we must obey.  Our eternal salvation is not predicated on what others do.  It is predicated on what we do.  If we want to hear Jesus say, ‘Well done’, then we must get to the point of nevertheless and let His will be done in our lives.  We must be obedient to His word.  

Sing: He leadeth me, He leadeth me, by His great power He leadeth me.  His faithful follower I will be,  for by His power He leadeth me.

Thought For Today:  Obedience is better than sacrifice   

No comments:

Post a Comment