Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 October 2019


Get Up

“Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.”
(Micah 7:7-8)

Today’s Morsel:  If you have been around the church for any length of time, then you know that your adversary, the devil, likes to kick you when you are down.  If you make a mistake, he pounces on you immediately.  If you display any kind of depression, stress, or unhappiness, he pounces immediately.  His goal is to torment you and to keep you down.  And he does a lot of it through those who are uncommitted in the church that refuse to help and comfort you.  Our ability to overcome when we are hit is to not stay down. We must get up.  Micah states, “Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Therefore, I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.”  If you will notice, I put verse seven after verse eight.  To me, verse eight is telling my enemy not to think he will defeat me.  The latter part of verse 8 and verse seven tells him what I plan to do and what will happen.  Why stay down when you have a God who is willing to lift you up?

Sing:  Get up, get up, get up in Jesus' name.  The Lord is calling daily to those that would be saved.  Don’t go down defeated, while victory's here to claim.  Get up, get up, get up in Jesus' name.

Thought For Today:  You can lay on a lie or you can stand on the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment