Thursday, October 31, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 October 2019


Embrace

“The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see. O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!” (Habakkuk 1:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  The name Habakkuk means to embrace.  Habakkuk seems to have taken hold of God’s word and hid it in his heart.  Even though he feels that God is not answering, he still knows that God can and that God will.  And so to elevate his and our faith in God he states, “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.(Habakkuk 3:17-19)  Habakkuk knows that we must walk by faith and not by sight.  If you will embrace the truth of God’s word, you can stand.

Sing:  Hold to God’s unchanging hand.  Hold to God’s unchanging hand.  Build your hopes on things eternal.  Hold to God’s unchanging hand.

Thought For Today: Embrace the truth and you can stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment