Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 October 2019


A Lack of Satisfaction

The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.(Proverbs 30:15-16)

Today’s Morsel:  I think Satan has many people right where he wants them.  In a state of dissatisfaction.  I have never seen so many people who are so displeased, discontent, disappointed, unhappy, and always frustrated about something.  Why can’t they find satisfaction?  Well, I believe one of the reasons is what Lord said, “For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.(Jeremiah 2:13)  They are trying to find satisfaction in things that cannot satisfy.  He says through the prophet Ezekiel, “They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.(Ezekiel 7:19) Money won’t satisfy your soul.  But if we put our trust in the Lord and set our hearts upon Him, He said, “I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.(Psalms 91:14-16)  The only one that will bring you satisfaction is Jesus.  

Sing: If the ship of your life, is tossing on the sea of strife; You need someone. If you feel so all alone, and your house is not a home, you need someone. If it seems life isn't fair, and there's no one left to share, all those lonely days and nights, And things just won't turn out right, and you need someone to care, someone to just be there; You need someone.

I give you Jesus, He's the peace that passes all understanding; I give you Jesus, He's the perfect love that casteth out all fear.  I give you Jesus, He's the water that you drink and never thirst again.  I give you Jesus, my friend, I give you Jesus,

Thought For Today: Know Jesus, know satisfaction. No Jesus, no satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment