Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 January 2019

Grace

“And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong” (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).

Today’s Morsel:  Not only is ‘Grace’ God’s unmerited favor in our lives, but it is also His divine influence working in our lives.  How we handle what we are going through and facing will determine how much of His grace is in us and how we see it.  I like to think of God’s grace this way:  It is His goodness, rest, assurance, compassion, and example that He has set before me for my good.  If His grace is sufficient, then we have nothing to fear or worry about.  So, rejoice!

Sing:  Grace! Grace! God’s grace.  Grace that will pardon and cleanse within.  Grace! Grace! God’s grace. Grace that is greater than all our sin.


Thought For Today:  Weakness equals strength in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment