Monday, January 14, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 January 2019

The Gentle Touch

And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever. And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them” (Matthew 8:14-15)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the fruits of the Spirit is gentleness.  When I am praying for others, I often ask myself if I am being to be demonstrative.  One of the things that we find about Jesus in scripture is that sometimes He touched people without making a scene and they were healed.  I believe that when we are led by the Spirit of God, He will lead us to pray for others and to touch others in His name without making a scene. And when we do, it will be through that gentle touch that they will be made whole.  Scripture says, “And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever. And he touched her hand, and the fever left her.”  He just touched her hand.  A gentle touch. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy” (James 3:17).  When we minister to others it is for them to receive from God, not for others to see us.  So they know He has touched them.  

Sing: He touched me, and O’ the joy that floods my soul.  Something happened, and now I know, Jesus touched me and made me whole.


Thought For Today:  The Fruit of the Spirit is gentleness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment