Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 January 2019

When It Rains It Pours

“For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another”
(Mark 9:49-50).

Today’s Morsel:  When I was a kid, I used to like watching Morton’s Salt commercials with the little girl under the umbrella and the rain coming down and the salt running out of the box with the caption, “When it rains it pours”.  In other words, it won’t crystalize even when it rains.  I hear a lot of people saying that salt isn’t good for you.  Even some medical personnel have told people to not even use salt.  Jesus says that salt is good. And that we should even have salt within ourselves and be salt (Matthew 5:13-15).  So, whose report will you believe? Perhaps, this is the reason many quit in the storms of life. They don’t have the right salt.  And so, they stop pouring out of themselves upon others.  I guess if you don’t have any salt in you, you’ll never change anything.  Not even yourself.  Remember, it is salt that changes things.

Sing:  Rain on me, Rain on me, Holy Ghost shower, rain on me.  Yesterday’s gone, today I’m in need.  Holy Ghost shower rain on me.


Thought For Today: When it Rains it pours (Morton Salt).

No comments:

Post a Comment