Thursday, January 17, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 January 2019

Healing Balm

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones” 
(Proverbs 17:22)

Today’s Morsel:  I came back in from my early morning 17 degree walk the other day with a pine branch in hand. My wife says to me, “What are you going to do with those”?  I told her that I was going to make myself some Pine Needle Tea.  She told me that I was so funny!  Most people have in their homes many types of medicine for their ailments and none of it seems to be working. Solomon says that a merry heart doeth good like a medicine.  Therefore, I conclude that if people would keep themselves happy and motivated, they would probably have fewer illnesses.  What do you do to keep yourself excited?  Me, I laugh at myself a lot.  If you focus on the world and all its evil, you are going to have a broken spirit.  But if you focus on Jesus and His word, you will have a merry heart.  The best advice I’ve ever received from a friend was to never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time!!  I hope that made your heart feel better!  

 Sing:  If you’re happy and you know it, say Amen!  AMEN!  If you’re happy and you know it, say Amen! AMEN!  Cause when God’s Spirit falls on you, makes you shout Hallelujah! If you’re happy and you know it say Amen!  AMEN!!


Thought For Today:  The JOY of the Lord is your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment