Friday, January 18, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 January 2019

Sustainability

The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear” (Proverbs 18:14)?

Today’s Morsel:  Paul writing to his Protégée Timothy told him, “ Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier(2 Timothy 2:3-4).  He also told him, “When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:5-7).   He wanted him to know that his spirit would sustain him if he kept his faith in Christ.  Solomon said that the spirit of a man will sustain his infirmities.  Your capacity to endure is based on your spirit within you.  If Jesus has given you power, then you should be able to keep going.  When we read the story of Job, it was his spirit that sustained him.  If you will notice, from the onset, Job doesn’t charge God foolishly for his loss, he praises him for allowing him to have it while he did. You see, if you see God as working all things for your good, then it will keep your spirit right and it will help you get through whatever you are go through and face it with praise and worship.  But if not, you will be defeated every time.

Sing: I've got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, oh what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, oh what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, oh what a change in my life; oh what a change in my life.


Thought For Today:  Your spirit will sustain you if you keep it right (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment