Friday, January 11, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 January 2019

Divine Protection

“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee” (Psalms 91:1-7).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about insurance companies is that they all offer you protection.  And they will all tell you they will be there when you need them.  Well, I have found that to not always be the case. Some of them will give you the runaround and never come through.  But it’s not that way with Jesus.  The psalmist said that God will protect us and deliver us. God won’t give you the run around when you need Him. He is always as close as the mention of His name. “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe” (Proverbs 18:10).  Are you under the shadow of His wing?  He is a sure assurance.  You can trust in Him for protection.  

Sing:  I am covered, covered, covered by His blood.  Walking by faith, living in love. I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, Jesus has rescued me.


 Thought For Today: Your protection is in the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment