Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 May 29

“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry” (2 Timothy 4:1-11).

Today’s Morsel: John Mark, by all accounts, would have be classified as a failure in his ministry. He had gone back from traveling with Paul and Barnabas, and it seemed that Paul would have nothing more to do with him.  But years later, when Paul is in prison in Rome, he sends for him and restore him. Many feels that the Gospel according to Saint Mark, should have been titled, the Gospel according to the Apostle Paul. Many feels that John Mark spent much time with Paul, and therefore, obtained much of the information for his gospel from Him. Sometimes, younger ministers will become discouraged in their ministry and turn back; and they should not be count off if they have a true call of God upon their lives. They just may need to have more time with God and a mentor to make full proof of their ministry.

Sing: Here I am Lord, Hear I am, I give all myself to You, here I am. Here I am Lord, Here I am, let Your Spirit speak through me, here I am.

Thought for today: Make Your calling and election sure.

1 comment:

  1. Your web journal gave us important data to work with. Each and every tips of your post are great. You're the best to share. Continue bloggingjogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete