Monday, May 21, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 May 21

“Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me” 
(Psalms 119:49-50).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I find with the Bible is that it is true.  The word of God is quick and powerful.  There are so many passages of encouraging words of hope within its pages that I don’t understand how anyone can be hopeless and without encouragement.  The psalmist states that God’s word was His comfort in his afflictions.  We are all going to face afflictions (illness, sickness, diseases, and disorders).  But the psalmist lets us know that God’s word will be our comfort during these times.  Where do you find hope in your afflictions?  Have you looked into the word of God?

Sing:  No one can touch you like Jesus can.  No one can give you peace you cannot understand.  No one can bind your wounds with nail scared hands.  No one can touch you like Jesus can.

Thought For Today:  Jesus has not left you comfortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment