Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 September 19

“And Gideon came to Jordan, and passed over, he, and the three hundred men that were with him, faint, yet pursuing them.” (Judges 8:4)

Today’s Morsel:  Perseverance is not a long race: it is many short races, one after another.  Gideon and his men were chasing his enemies across the battlefield and they were winning one battle at a time.  However, his men became tired and weary, yet they kept pursuing their enemies.  Sometimes our battle will be trying.  Yet we must not lose heart but keep pressing on.  Paul said that if we desire to win the prize, then we must continue to persevere in the race (1 Corinthians 9:24-27).

Sing:  I am determined to hold out to the end, Jesus is with me on Him I can depend.  For I know I have salvation for I feel Him in my soul, I am determined to hold out to the end.

Thought For Today:  Perseverance is not a long race: it is many short races, one after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment