Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 September 12

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:1-6).
 
Today’s Morsel:  I live on a one-way street, and every so often, I see cars going the wrong way.   Sometimes I’m even guilty myself.  When Jesus told His disciples that He was going to prepare a place for them and would come again to receive them, He told them, “And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”  Thomas seemed not to know the way.  Thomas said, “Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?”  Jesus replied to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  Do you know the way?  So many seem to be heading the wrong way.  Many are on a one-way street that is leading them to destruction.  Others are on a one-way street that is leading to confusion and perversion. Some are on a one-way street that is leading to hell, while others are on a one-way street of danger and entrapment. What road are you on?  Have you stopped to ask Jesus for directions?  Do you really know the correct way, or are you pretending and hoping that you will stumble upon the right path?  Friend, time is too short to be on the wrong road. There is no other way that leads to eternal life but Jesus Christ.  All other ways lead to death.

Sing:  There's just one, one, one, one way to God.  There’s just one, one, one, one way to God.  There's just one, one, one, one way to God, baptized in Jesus name.

Thought For Today: There is only one way to God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment