Saturday, September 23, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 September 23

“Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel” (Joshua 1:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  Leadership is the art of influencing and directing men in such a way as to gain their loyalty, confidence, willigness, and obedience to accomplish a mission.  Leaders are not born, they are made.  Calvin P. Titus, A Bulger Player, during the Boxer Rebellion, the war against China, won the Congressional Medal of Honor, all because he was willing to try.  He became a great leader. Men and women who possess a humble and caring attitude often become your best leaders.  When the Lord called Joshua to lead His people after the death of Moses, I believe it was because Joshua had a humble and caring attitude like his mentor Moses.  It is those humble and caring leaders who leave behind them a legacy.

Sing:  Jesus use me, O’ Lord don’t refuse me; for surely there’s a work that I can do.  And even though it’s humble, Lord help my will to crumble, though the cost be great, I’ll work for You.

Thought For Today: Leaders aren’t born, they are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment