Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 July 5

"For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah."
(Psalms 32:6-7)

Today’s Morsel:  I am so thankful that God brought me into the church during the time when they sang songs of deliverance.  Don’t get me wrong, I am a man that loves all music.  But those songs of deliverance back then just did something for the soul.  Songs like, “He Set Me Free”, “Love Lifted Me”, “There Is Power In The Blood”, “He Rescued Me”, “He Took My Sins Away”, and “At The Cross”.  Those old songs of deliverance edified and soothed the soul and showed what God had done for us.  The Psalmist said, “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.”  He’s compassed us with songs of deliverance. Isaiah said that God has given unto us the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3).  So, the next time you feel that you are in troubles over your head that you can’t handle, get on your garment of praise and pull out an old song of deliverance, and sing unto the Lord.  For, “Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God”; “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me” (Psalms 50:15,23).

Sing: The blood that Jesus shed for me, way back, on Calvary, It’s the blood that gives me my strength, from day to day, it will never lose its power.  For it reaches to the highest mountain, and it flows to the lowest valley.  The blood that gives me strength, from day to day, it will never lose, its power.

Thought For Today:  Only Jesus can make you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment