Saturday, July 22, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 July 22

“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.” (Psalms 22:1-8)  

Today’s Morsel:  Many people refuse to serve God today because they feel as though God has abandoned them.  Many have lost loved ones and blame God.  Many have lost jobs or careers and blame God.  But isn’t God sovereign? Can He not do with what is His what He wants?  We only think that God has abandoned us if we are not living according to His word, if we will not forgive, and repent. But when the opposite is in play, we know that no matter what happens, God always has our best interest at heart and He will provide that peace that passes all understanding, even if things don't seem to go the way we want them to.  He may feel far way, but He is always as close as the mention of His name.  Don’t mistake the silence!

Sing: I know the Lord will make a way for me.  I know the Lord will make a way for me.  If I live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right; I know the Lord will make a way for me.

Thought For Today: Don’t mistake the silence! (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment