Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 July 19

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.” (Philippians 4:8-9)  

Today’s Morsel:  When is the last time you’ve thought on something good so that you can speak good?  If we aren’t careful, we can tune our ears to more evil than good.  Even in the church today, there seems be more complaints and evil being spewed and coming after us than exaltation.  I want to be like David, when he said, “Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Incline not my heart to 
any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.” (Psalms 141:3-4).  Like David,  I don’t want to say anything rashly, unadvisedly, or improperly.  He prayed that God would guard him from the temptation to say something wrong.  He prayed that God would keep the door of his lips and mouth that he would not open except when it was proper and right; when something good and true was to be said.  Have you requested that God keep your mouth?

Sing:  I will praise Him! I will praise Him! Praise the Lamb for sinners slain!  Give Him glory all ye people, for His blood can wash away each stain.

Thought For Today: “You win more flies with honey than vinegar” 


No comments:

Post a Comment