Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 4

There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me. Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 
(1 Corinthians 14:10-12)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about being a Christian is that if we are going to move on to perfection, then we have to get to a point that we model the doctrine and teachings of the apostles.  For so long, I believe the church has missed the important things of the ministry.  As Jesus told the Pharisees and Sadducees in the temple, who only focused on certain things that benefited them and had left the important things of God’s word undone: “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone” (Matthew 23:23).  We must not omit the important things for the body.  Things such as growing in the knowledge and grace of God, and excelling to edification.  If you look at the world today, it’s hurting. And many in the church are​,​ too.  Therefore, each of us who know truth, must excel to edifying so that the church can be strong and able to accomplish its mission.  



​​
Sing:
​ ​
​  ​
Jesus I’ll never forget what
​ ​
​Y​ou’ve done for me.
​  ​
Jesus, I’ll never forget how
​ ​
Y​ou set me free.
​  ​
And Jesus I’ll never forget how
​ ​
​You brought me out.  
​  ​
Jesus I’ll never forget no never.


Thought For Today:  Speak words of edification always. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment