Thursday, October 13, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 13

“Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him. For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people”
(Isaiah 51:1-4).

Today’s Morsel: I often wonder why so many people have such a hard time doing what is right.  But then I guess, since schools teach that there are no absolutes, people feel that no one can be right nor righteous.  But those who know truth and follow after righteousness must always look to the Lord and seek His face so that they can learn to do what is right. Paul told the church at Ephesus, “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints…” (Ephesians 5:1-3).  There are certain things we learn with our new birth experience and salvation.  As followers of Christ, we must learn to do what is right at all times and at all cost.  Jesus still requires righteousness to enter heaven.  There are no shortcuts to getting in. “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin”, James said (James 4:17).  Determine today that you will always do the right thing.

Sing: I will follow, I will follow, I will follow Him; all through life’s journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

Thought For Today:  Jesus still requires righteousness to enter heaven (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment