Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 18

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (Joshua 24:15).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about life is that it offers us so many options.  We can choose which car or home we want to buy.  What school we would like to attend. Where we would like to live.  Where we would like to attend church.  What we would like to eat and wear.  All these options are available, if we can afford them.  Joshua also put an option on the table.  He said, “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell.”  Now, they had been given an option as to who they were going to serve.  And that option was left on the table for us as well.  No one who plans to enter heaven can avoid this option.  We have to choose which God/god (big G or little g) we are going to serve.  There is no other way to get around, there is only one door in.   Joshua said that he and his household had chosen to serve the Lord.  What about you?

Sing:  I choose to be a Christian, I choose to be like Him.  Nobody’s making me do it, this is how I choose to live. You decide for you, and I’ll decide for me.  Since the choice is mine, this is what I choose to live.

Thought For Today: Choose carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment