Wednesday, June 3, 2015

2015 June 3 - Morning Manna

Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob; Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters. (Psalms 114:7-8)

Today's Morsel: I can remember when the plumber was drilling to install the pipes for water to our home.  When I asked him how deep he had to go, he said that he had to drill through the rock.  I thought to myself, drill through the rock?  I wasn't aware that underneath the earth crust was a layer of rock.  I would later learn this in school.
 The psalmist calls for the earth to tremble at him which turns the rock into a standing water and the flint into a fountain of waters.  The Lord told Moses to speak to the rock and it would give forth drink.  Paul told the church at Corinth:  "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ" (1 Corinthians 10:1-4).   Notice, they drank from that spiritual rock which was Christ.  Israel was sustained in the wilderness by drinking from the Rock. "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:37-39). The Holy Ghost is that living water that flows out from the rock and quenches a person's thirsty soul.  In John 4, Jesus told the woman at the well, "If you had asked of me, I would have given you living water."   Jesus is the Rock.  As the Lord admonished Jeremiah:  "For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water"(Jeremiah 2:13).  Don't forsake the water!

Sing: Drinking at the springs of living water, happy now am I, my soul they satisfy. Drinking at the springs of living water, oh a wonderful and bountiful supply.

Thought for Today: Jesus is still that living water.

No comments:

Post a Comment