Thursday, June 11, 2015

2015 June 11 - Morning Manna

Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go (Isaiah 48:17).

Today's Morsel: I received Today's Morsel from a Special Operations Soldier that I served with in Okinawa.  It's title is, "Direction".

Direction
The compass is a very useful tool to have with you when you go hunting.  A GPS is better, but can malfunction because of lack of signal or the batteries run down.  I experienced that very personally.  While on a mission when I was in the Army, we received the first GPS for use on that mission.  They were bulky and weighed almost 2 kilos.  They were not at all like the small hand held GPS that you can purchase now.  At a critical point in very mountainous terrain, my GPS and the reserve GPS quit receiving the satellite signal.  My unit was some great distance from where we needed to be.  Since I was the point man, I was responsible for navigation.  Not liking the situation I was now in, but having prepared for such an event, I took out my map and compass and continued to lead my unit to its destination to complete our mission.  Later, my commander asked me what had happened with the GPS.  I could give no answer other than that the GPS had stopped receiving the satellite signal.  My commander then praised me for having a good backup plan so that we were able to successfully complete our mission.  Even now when I have gone hunting and I use a GPS, I still carry a map and a compass.  If my batteries run down or my GPS won’t receive a signal, I want to be sure to take the right path so that I can return home to my family and friends.
What about in everyday life? What direction should we be going in our daily life?  Do we just follow any route in our life or is there a “map” and a “compass” that can lead us in a direction that will benefit our daily living?  The answer to that question for me is that there is a “map” and a “compass” that can give me a direction in my daily living.
My Bible is my map as it gives me all the detailed directions of where to go and where not to go so that I take the right path each day.  To insure that I am staying on the right path and to keep me going in the right direction my compass is my faith in knowing that as long as I trust in the Word of God, I will make it to my destination a winner.
Not everyone can follow the right path and win all the time in the day to day living.  But if you use the Bible as your map and Faith as your compass, you will get to your destination a TRUE WINNER!  (Borgeson)

What do you use to direct your way? The Lord said through the Prophet Isaiah, "Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go."  Are you on or off course?  Have you checked your moral compass lately?

Sing: He leadeth me! He leadeth me! By His own hand He leadeth me; His faithful follower I would be, for by His hand He leadeth me.

Thought for Today: Have you checked your moral compass lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment