Tuesday, June 23, 2015

2015 June 23 - Morning Manna

And the LORD was very angry with Aaron to have destroyed him: and I prayed for Aaron also the same time. And I took your sin, the calf which ye had made, and burnt it with fire, and stamped it, and ground it very small, even until it was as small as dust: and I cast the dust thereof into the brook that descended out of the mount. And at Taberah, and at Massah, and at Kibrothhattaavah, ye provoked the LORD to wrath. Likewise when the LORD sent you from Kadeshbarnea, saying, Go up and possess the land which I have given you; then ye rebelled against the commandment of the LORD your God, and ye believed him not, nor hearkened to his voice. Ye have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you. (Deuteronomy 9:20-24)

Today's Morsel: As Moses is doing a recapitulation with the children of Israel before they cross into the Promise Land, he seems to be somewhat angry with them in his discussion with them for their rebellion and stubbornness.  But I don't think that he is as angry with them, but rather he is desiring them to get the message.  Sometimes, spiritual leadership has to crack the whip.  Moses knew that all the things that God had done for them by this point, and they should have been some of the most obedient people upon the earth.  Yet they were not. He told them, "You have been rebellious against the Lord from the day that I knew you."  Ouch! Moses knew that if they did not wake up, they would not enjoy the blessing and protection of God.  The book of Deuteronomy should speak to all of us if we say that we are born again.  We must learn to do what is right and stop being a rebellious people when it comes to God's word or else we will forfeit our eternal reward of heaven.

Sing: I'll say yes, Lord, yes, to Your will and to Your way. I'll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust You and obey, when Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

Thought for Today: For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. (The Prophet Samuel).

No comments:

Post a Comment