Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2015 February 3 - Morning Manna

A Psalm of David. LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee. Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. (Psalms 141:1-2).

Today's Morsel: I sometimes sit and think about the number of books that I have read on prayer, prayer conferences I have attended, sermons I have heard on prayer, how many pre-service prayer services I have conducted, how many times I have closed church services and meetings in prayer, and taught on prayer, and I still  feel that I don't pray enough.  Don't get me wrong, I know how to pray, love to pray, and get strengthened through praying, but there are times when I feel that I need to turn up the tempo a little bit more.  It seems that there are more sicknesses, hurts, misunderstandings, divorces, backslidden children, discouraged ministers and ministers wives and their children, and more distresses upon saints today, all these and more that need prayer is becoming more paramount.  All these would fall in the category of intercessory prayer.  And intercessory prayer is essential.  Yet what about the prayer that just gives God thanks and praise?  Do we think that He might want to hear those more from us?  I think if we will allow this type of prayer, the ones that give Him thanksgiving, to flow from us as a sweet smell into his presence, He will hear our faintest cry and He will answer our intercessions by and by.

Sing: Now let us have a little talk with Jesus, let us tell Him about our troubles, He will hear our faintest cry, He will answer by and by, when you feel a little prayer wheel turning, you'll know a little fire is burning, you'll find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.

Thought for Today: Prayer still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment