Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2015 February 18 - Morning Manna

"But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law" (Luke 12:50-53).

Today's Morsel: When James and John wanted the positions of sitting the one on Jesus' right and the other on Jesus' left hand in glory, Jesus asked them if they could be baptized with the baptism that He was baptized with.  Jesus baptism was a baptism of death.  If we are not willing to die to this world, we can never fulfill the baptism that He was baptized with.  We must die to the world and be buried in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins if we desire to be in His likeness.  Paul said, "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" (Romans 6:3).   Peter said, "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ"(1 Peter 3:21).  The baptism of death (repentance) to this world, must always proceed the baptism of water (burial), or you just got wet.

Sing: Baptize me Jesus with the Holy Ghost, I shall have power, your word says so.  Satan is busy trying to turn me around, but I'm determined to stand my ground, but I can't do it, I can't do it, until you baptize me with the Holy Ghost.
  
Thought for Today: Have you been baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of your sins? 

No comments:

Post a Comment