Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2015 February 10 - Morning Manna

He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame. (Proverbs 10:5)


Today's Morsel: How much forethought do you give to life?  I have learned some valuable lessons lately.  For example; last summer the air conditioner went out in my truck.  The first thing the mechanic said to me after he quoted me the price to fix it was, If it was winter it probably would be cheaper."  Really!  Because it was hot, they could raise the price and I would have to pay if I wanted air conditioning in my truck.  So I learned having the A/C checked in the winter might save me money in the summer.  I was also in a store one summer, and they had all their ladies' London Fog winter coats on sale.  The sale was great at  buy one at 75% off, and get another one free.  Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.  Needless to say, my wife got four winter coats in the summer for the coming winter.  Notice, Solomon said, "He that gather in summer is a wise son."  Don't wait till winter comes again next year to buy your family clothes, use wisdom and buy them in the coming sales.  They are cheaper and most of the times you can get them for 50-80% off the regular price.  Oh! And by the way, did you know that you find more sales in the summer than you do the winter?  Wisdom is known of her children.

Sing: To be like Jesus; To be like Jesus; on earth I long to be like Him.  All through life's journey, from earth to glory, I only ask, to be like Him.

Thought for Today: When is the last time you checked the ants?

No comments:

Post a Comment