Monday, February 23, 2015

2015 February 23 - Morning Manna


The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. (Luke 6:40)


Today's Morsel: "Don't judge me pastor, the Bible tells us not to judge others" a gentleman at the church said to me one day.    I replied, "I'm not a judge, I'm a fruit inspector." This blew his mind.  I went on to say to him, "My Bible says that you shall know them by their fruit.  So are you a Christian or not?"  
I believe more than anything, we need to move on to perfection.  We must become complete in Christ.  Paul said, "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit" (Hebrews 6:1-3).  There are certain things we are going to do in the church because they are basic things.  Things  like baptism, laying on of hands, and such.  But we must go on to perfection.  Jesus said that the disciple is not above his master.  The student is never greater than his teacher while he is in training or under the tutor.   Paul told the church at Galatia, "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ" (Galatians 4:1-7). Notice, you are still in training and learning until you reach an understanding and your mentor or trainer feels that you are ready.  Jesus said though that once the disciple reaches completion, he becomes the same as his master or teacher.  A good example of this was when I was in the Army.  I had a Command Sergeant Major over me when I was a First Sergeant.  He trained and taught me how to someday become a Command Sergeant Major.  Once I was promoted to Command Sergeant Major, I was then the same as he was.  And this is what Jesus is saying.  You are not greater than your master or trainer as a disciple, but when you reach completion you'll become the same.

Sing: To be like Jesus! To be like Jesus! on earth I long, to be like Him; All though life's journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.


Thought for Today:  Are you complete in Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment