Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2015 February 11 - Morning Manna

Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded. (Proverbs 13:13)

Today's Morsel: They say that a well-worn Bible is the sign of a well feed soul.   At the end of 2013, my wife gave me a new KJV Thompson Chain Bible because the one she gave me when I got saved over 30 years ago was falling apart.  I was so used to my old one and had read it so much that I could tell you if a saying or certain scripture passage was on the left side or right side of the page.  I loved that particular Bible.  I love the new one that she gave me too, but I have had to get used to it.  How much do you love the Word?  John said, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:1; 14).   You see, "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward" (Psalms 19:7-11).  Let me encourage you today, fall in love with the Word (which is Jesus) and you'll never be destroyed.

Sing:  You are the words to my music, You are the song that I sing. You are the melody, You are the harmony, praises to Your name I bring.  You are the mighty God, You are the Prince of peace, You are the King of all kings.  Now I give back to You, the song that You gave to me, You are the song that I sing.

Thought for Today: Falling in love with Jesus is the best thing a person could ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment