Monday, September 8, 2014

2014 September 8 - Morning Manna

But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. (Job 23:10-12)

Today's Morsel:  How did Job get himself to such a state that he was willing to trust God no matter what he was going through or what came into his life?  Job had gotten himself into a pattern of worship before his trials came.  If we will get into a pattern of worship and continue in it, we too can overcome adversity and hardships when they come against us. God always knows what we are up against. This is why we must not lose hope.  Notice what Job says about himself. "My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."  Job remained steadfast in his walk and obedience to God's word and he was able to endure.  Job realized that it is God who orders the steps of a good man and that it is He that delight in his ways.  You may not understand the steps that God has ordered for you right now, but you must get to the point in your life that you can say as Job did, "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

Sing: Walk with me Lord, walk with me. Walk with me Lord, walk with me. While I'm on this, tedious journey, I want Jesus to walk with me.

Thought for today: Stability requires you to keep your foot on the rock (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment