Monday, September 22, 2014

2014 September 22 - Morning Manna

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him,  Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
(John 14:7-10)
Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears. Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.  (Isaiah 43:8-12)
 
Today's Morsel:  The central theme and focus in any church should be the revelation of who Jesus Christ was and our relationship to Him.  As a matter of fact, the Apostle John, who is called the beloved, penned an entire book entitled The Revelation of Jesus Christ.  Every author who writes a book,usually has a certain theme or character that they want you to focus on as you are reading.  And the Bible is no different.  The theme and main character of the Bible is Jesus Christ.  From Genesis to Revelation, the focus is on Him.  The Old Testament is Jesus concealed. The New Testament is Jesus revealed.  Jesus told the religious leaders of His earthly days, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life"(John 5:39-40).   So how do we witness to a dying world that they too can know Him?  "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked" John said(1 John 2:4-6).  Our lives must witness to the fact that we know Him.  And that means , that our way of life must be a total reflection of Him. Again, Jesus told the religious leaders, "If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."(John 8:54-58).  Do you know Him?
 
Sing: The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You; The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You; I want to know You more; I want to know You more; The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.
 
Thought for Today: The revelation of truth comes from knowing The Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment