Wednesday, July 9, 2014

2014 July 9 - Morning Manna

Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law
(Psalms 119:136).
 
Today's Morsel: Probably one of the hardest things for me is when I see people who know truth, yet they refuse to live truth.  As I watch them struggling through life and just barely making it, it touches me deep within my heart because I know that if they would just do what God's word tells them to do, their life and situation could be so much better.  The Psalmist said that he cried because the people kept not the law.  There have been times in my life that I too have cried because of people not keeping God's word.  The Psalmist knew the value of God's word, and so he said,  "Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it. I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts. Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth" (Psalms 119:140-142).  There is so much joy and peace in a life when the word of God is kept.
 
Sing: But sometimes I hurt and sometimes I cry, sometimes I can't get it right, no matter how hard that I seem to try.  Sometimes I fall down and I stumble over my own disguise, but I try to look strong, as the whole world looks on, sometimes alone I cry.

Thought for Today: " The answer to your problem is in the word of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment