Wednesday, July 30, 2014

2014 July 30 - Morning Manna

The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear? (Proverbs 18:14)
 
Today’s Morsel:  I have come to realize that attitude plays a big part in all of our lives.  Why do we lie around and mope when we are sick?  Who told us that staying at home makes us feel better?   I believe our attitudes have a lot to do with how quick we recover.  The Apostle Paul said, “And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong” (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).  Paul's thorn was a messenger of Satan to stop Him. Beaten often, in pain often, suffering often, and with many infirmities in his life Paul said, “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities (sickness ill-health,) in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”  He realized that it was all in his thinking and attitude and so he chose to praise God so that Christ’s power would rest upon him.  Do you take pleasure in your infirmities so that the power of God can rest upon you?   Solomon said it is the spirit of a man that will sustain his infirmities.  In other words, it is the right attitude and spirit that will help you endure when you are sick in body.  So get up and get your praise on.
 
Sing:  For me for me for me, there’s a mansion there for me, in glory land so bright and fair, where the victor's crown I soon shall wear; come and go with me, for I won’t be back you’ll see, if anybody’s gonna be happy over there, it’s me, me, me, me ,me!

No comments:

Post a Comment